We are seeking a permanent, full-time Office Administrator in our Kamloops office. The Kamloops office has eight staff members, and provides central administrative support to six others throughout the province. As a member of the Westrek team, the Office Administrator will provide support for our engineering and geological services to staff, clients, the Executive Assistant and the management team.
- Coordinate and provide administrative and project support to management, staff and clients.
- Prepare and edit internal and external communications, including: technical reports and memos, proposals, presentations, meeting notes and spreadsheets.
- Manage timesheet and invoicing software (Harvest and QuickBooks), including project set-up, review and approval of timesheets and expenses, report formatting and proofreading, and invoice preparation.
- Manage accounts receivable.
- Oversee the Safety Program, including monthly meetings, daily check-in management, and record maintenance.
- Coordinate business travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Provide general reception services.
- Other office related duties and projects, as required.
Skills and Abilities:
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following experience, training, skills and abilities:
- Minimum five years of experience in a professional office environment.
- Highly developed communication (both written and verbal) and proof-reading skills, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and aptitude for financial administration, bookkeeping, and invoicing procedures.
- Effective and pro-active multi-tasker with excellent time management, organization and attention to detail.
- Strong service focus, i.e. meets the needs of the team and clients by responding to requests efficiently and effectively.
- Professional in nature and approach.
Position: Permanent, full-time.
Location: Kamloops, BC
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.