Populated areas are often exposed to geohazards, including landslides, rockfall, debris flows, flooding, erosion, and snow avalanche. Evaluating the risks associated with these events with respect to proposed development requires sound knowledge of geological and engineering principles, air photo interpretation, remote sensing techniques and application of qualitative and quantitative analytical methods.
Our expertise includes:
- Deterministic and probabilistic slope stability analysis
- Seismic slope analysis
- Deformation analysis
- Terrain assessment and field mapping
- Soil and rock investigation
- Laboratory testing
- Design and inspection of slope stabilization works and risk mitigation measures
- Slope instrumentation and monitoring
- Floodplain and coastal erosion studies
Additional information about our geohazard services:
- Landslide Hazard and Risk Analysis/Mitigation Forensic landslide investigation Landslide risk assessment Debris flow assessments Research...
- Terrain Stability Assessments Forestry development and operations (resource roads, cut-blocks) Linear infrastructure Stream crossing hazards...
- Feasibility Studies for Linear Route Planning and Selection Resource development roads, haul roads and other...
- Feasibility Studies for Subdivisions and Urban Development Legislated landslide assessments for subdivisions Development permits for...