Westrek's team of professional Engineers and Geoscientists is dedicated to providing geotechnical services in order to meet client's project needs. We provide solutions to project challenges ranging from terrain evaluation and site investigation to slope stability analysis and foundation design, developing value-based solutions using a common-sense, risk-based approach to meet regulatory, safety and environmental approval standards. In addition, we are well practiced in providing sound risk management recommendations that optimize safe conditions and allow for economic growth.
Our professionals were involved in the development and review of APEGBC professional practice guidelines in the fields of landslide and terrain stability assessment. They have authored numerous technical papers and developed the risk assessment methodology for post-wildfire flooding and landslides for the BC Ministry of Forests.
Geotechnical Engineering Services
Westrek has experience in all geotechnical phases of design and construction and we are able to provide assistance through each step of a project, from site selection and conceptual design, through final design and construction. Services provided include:
Geotechnical Investigation Services
- Energy projects (penstocks, roads, and buildings)
- Tower sites and foundations
- Mine buildings
- Rock slopes and rock slope stabilization
- Liquefaction assessments
- Commercial and industrial building foundations
- Retaining walls
- Roads and pavements
- Construction monitoring
Slope Stabilization Services
- Road structure stabilization
- Landslide stabilization
- Sub-surface drain design
- Drainage network rehabilitation
- Fire guard rehabilitation
- Construction supervision
Additional information about our geohazard services:
- Sub-Surface Investigations Roads and embankments Residential, commercial and industrial developments Roads and highways Earth retention...
- Mine Site Analysis Environmental permitting Site characterization Geotechnical designs Mine engineering Overview and detailed geohazard...
- Terrain Stability Assessments Proposed roads Proposed mine sites Transmission corridors Timber blocks Sediment source inventories...